🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


The Holy Mountain


🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


🎙️ EPISODE 172: 03.14.19

Here it is. The movie that everyone knows and loves and put Jodorowsky on the map for good. I am a noted Jodohater, for better or worse, and I can still appreciate this one for what it is. Sure, this movie’s existence is what led me to watching his entire filmography, which turned out to be one of the least enjoyable experiences of my life. But I’m trying not to be too hard on it simply because of that fact. Though listen to me when I say this: you only need to watch this one. Don’t watch any of the other ones. Don’t be like me.
(AUTHOR’S NOTE: on some level, it’s a huge upset that I don’t like his films. He’s a massive weirdo and on paper his stuff should be right up my alley. In the end, I just feel like he’s a fraud and a somewhat exploitative one at that. He irks me. It’s all style and no substance, beyond like 7th grade level “religion is bad, man!” logic. This is simply a hill I am willing to die on. Forgive me.)

CHRONOLOGICALLY
EPISODE 171 - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 172B ⫸

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.