🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


The House by the Cemetery


🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


🎙️ EPISODE 185: 04.11.19
I mean, I feel like I'm beating a dead horse... but I have so many questions about this one (perhaps more than the other GoH Tril films put together). Ann the babysitter's motivations are incredibly murky. Why is she seemingly aiding and abetting the killer if she just ends up being fodder for killing as well? The red herring excuse wears thin (although the actor Gianpaolo Saccarola appears again in a small weirdo role that leads nowhere and he's a delight). I could go on and on, but that isn't really the point, is it? I think I enjoyed this slightly better than the first entry in Fulci's Gates of Hell trilogy, but the gem of the three is certainly the middle movie (The Beyond), which is the oddest, goriest, and best produced. Also, this one completely strays from that whole, I don't know, HELL GATE thing. LoL. That said, the fact that it is more of a straight-up horror/slasher flick helps it, because, while it certainly has loads of muddy "lost in translation" convolution, focusing on far fewer characters is a major plus.
All the trademark gore is there as well as the "why is this trademark gore going on for as long as it" WTF-ness (I'm looking at you, bat set-piece). And I'm not sure if the ending makes ANY kind of sense but I really appreciate the bigness and/or weirdness of the ideas it's going for. I really do like this era and style of filmmaking but I think I need to take a break from this world after indulging in these 3 back-to-back-to-back. But what a world Fulci inhabits indeed :)

CHRONOLOGICALLY
EPISODE 185A - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 185C ⫸

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.