MOVIE #1,101 • ZERO • 08.09.23 I turned this off less than thirty minutes in. Shocking that the debut film of Vin Diesel (who also serves a...


Strays

MOVIE #1,101 • ZERO • 08.09.23

I turned this off less than thirty minutes in. Shocking that the debut film of Vin Diesel (who also serves as writer and director!!) about a crew of immensely homophobic NYC degenerates (and Mike Epps, who is too good to be anywhere near this crap) didn’t hold my attention. This is further proof that literally any indie movie could get made in the mid-90s. It’s also proof that I need to have my head examined for putting this on the watchlist to begin with! What the F is wrong with me?! Just take a gander at the editing/writing in the intro…
Verbatim from my notes: “This is the worst thing I have ever seen.” And though I didn’t stick around to definitively prove that statement, I still have no qualms issuing Strays (1997) the uber-rare score of ZERO.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,100 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,101 ⫸

Strays is a 1997 American drama film written, directed by, and starring Vin Diesel. It follows a drug dealer and hustler who is fed up with the repetitious lifestyle he leads and begins looking for meaning in his life. It marked Diesel's feature film directing debut and takes a hard look at his own adolescence and upbringing in New York City. The film premiered at the 1997 Sundance Film Festival. It was released on January 18, 1997.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.