🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


The Straight Story


🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


🎙️ EPISODE 158: 02.12.19

It would be easy to dismiss 1999’s The Straight Story as a joke disguised. Here was David Lynch making a relatively, well, “straight” movie about a man named Alvin Straight and it was titled The Straight Story. It was released by Disney. When I rewatched this recently I imagined what the movie might have been like if it had the same plot but, you know, felt Lynchian. What it would be like if the entire film had the tone of my favorite scene, the “I LOVE DEER” scene… but, alas, it isn’t that.

The film is just a feel-good story. Sometimes, when you peel back the layers, there’s just more goodness hiding underneath, and nothing more. And maybe there’s a kind of horror in that as well.


Listen to my 90-minute feature podcast: RANKING DAVID LYNCH.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
EPISODE 157B - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 158B ⫸

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.