🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


Whiplash


🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


🎙️ EPISODE 35: 05.05.2015

I feel like a lot of people think this movie sucks and I have a former band nerd friend who told me that the actual music stuff is totally unrealistic but I don't care. I have warm feelings toward this movie, which I felt at the time worked way better than it had any right to. I recall thinking how the JK Simmons's double heel turn at the end felt so comical but how that character was so over-the-top from the get-go that it actually felt right. And speaking of comical, I think people don't like Miles Teller because he was in the one Marvel movie EVERYONE hated, and also maybe because of the fact that he was pushing 30 when he did this and EVERYONE hates a babyface (LOL I don't think either of these things are true; I'm just trying to get through the day, man).
No but honestly, I just reread the plot synopsis of this on Wikipedia and it's absurd. Like all the moving, very convenient pieces that make up this sequence:
"On the way to their next competition, the bus Andrew is riding breaks down. He rents a car but arrives late and realizes he left his drumsticks at the rental office. After convincing an impatient Fletcher to wait for him, Andrew races back and retrieves them, but his car is hit by a truck on the way back. He crawls from the wreckage and runs back to the theater, arriving just as the ensemble enters stage. Bloody and injured, Andrew struggles to play "Caravan," in which Fletcher halts the performance and dismisses Andrew, who then attacks him on stage, resulting in his expulsion from Shaffer."
That is so dumb! I love it!

Speaking of dumb and loving it... I just re-listened to part of this and I realized that when I tried to play the audio from the famous "not my tempo" clip, it didn't work, and there's like a minute of silence in there LOL. I'm not fixing it! Sue me!

CHRONOLOGICALLY
EPISODE 34 - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 36 ⫸

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.