🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


El Camino


🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


🎙️ EPISODE 255: 04.08.20

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I knew I would like it as BB-Head, but I didn't think I'd be as engrossed as I was. I think it goes beyond merely fan service and closure, and actually functions as a more meaningful postscript for the Breaking Bad universe than a film with a goofy title starring maybe the most polarizing major character from that universe should have any right doing. Personally, I forgot just how bleak the arc of Jessie really got in that final BB season. His arc from annoying teen to who he is here is definitely more interesting than Walter White's descent. My goodness, he went through some shirt, right? This movie provides a nice mix of flashbacks (most notably with the scene-stealing performance of Jesse Plemons as Todd) and new plot points. Vince Gilligan hits all the beats of a good episode that never gets old over the stretch to a two-hour feature. And sure, the one flashback towards the end with you-know-who maybe didn't fully work for various reasons, but it was still a lot of fun to watch. There isn't really a reason to critique this outside of the realm of Breaking Bad fans because what crazy person is watching this as its own thing? I have no idea if it's a good movie fully on its own merit, but it's a good and welcome addition to the previously TV-only world.


CHRONOLOGICALLY
EPISODE 254 - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 256 ⫸

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.