🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


House of Games


🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


🎙️ EPISODE 634: 01.10.23

I feel like this is the type of movie Rian Johnson is trying to make with whatever the hell he's doing over on Netflix with all them celebs. It's not quite my bag but I can be a sucker for twists and turns every now and again just like the next guy. Joe Mantegna who I never thought much about beyond "hey there's Joe Mantegna" is actually really good in a lead role and he carries much of the weight as the ill-fated con man. This is my first David Mamet movie (I think) and while I enjoyed it, I won't be dipping into an extended run through the Mametverse any time soon.


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ EPISODE 633 - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 635A ⫸

House of Games is a 1987 American neo-noir heist thriller film directed by David Mamet, his directorial debut. He also wrote the screenplay, based on a story he co-wrote with Jonathan Katz. The film's cast includes Lindsay Crouse, Joe Mantegna, Ricky Jay, and J. T. Walsh. It was released on October 11, 1987.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.