🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿



🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


🎙️ EPISODE 650: 02.22.23

Here I found myself navigating another adult animation/anime film, for some reason. I'll always go back to the well. And in this case, I'm glad that I did. This was certainly not what I was expecting, though I'm not really sure WHAT I was expecting. It's an incredibly bleak French cartoon for grownups (as far from my wheelhouse as we're gonna get). But I found myself connecting to it. At first what seems like some silly origin story for Thing from Addams Family turns into a really emotional story about the tragic life of a kid becoming an adult. The (literal) losing of one's hand becoming a metaphor for a much larger emotional loss/void in his life.
Told non-linearly, the film has a somewhat hopeful ending which offsets the cataclysmic and painfully dark reveal. A rare non-kids movie to get a Best Animation Oscar nod (it lost to Toy Story 4). I think I enjoyed it about as much as I am physically able to enjoy movies of this ilk.


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ EPISODE 649 - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 651 ⫸

I Lost My Body (French: J'ai perdu mon corps) is a 2019 French adult animated film directed by Jérémy Clapin. It premiered in the International Critics' Week section at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival, where it won the Nespresso Grand Prize, becoming the first animated film to do so in the section's history. The film was nominated for Best Animated Feature at the 92nd Academy Awards, but lost to Toy Story 4. It was released on May 17, 2019.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.