MOVIE #1,196 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 10.16.23 50 MOVIES IN 32 DAYS! For starters, I just want to get something off my chest that I realize is n...


Friday the 13th Part 2

MOVIE #1,196 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 10.16.23


50 MOVIES IN 32 DAYS!

For starters, I just want to get something off my chest that I realize is nitpicky and completely inconsequential: I hate how they handle the titles in this franchise. It’s so inconsistent. This is billed as “Part 2” but they use roman numerals on the poster (and the inverse happens with “Part III”); then “Parts 4 and 5” don’t use any numbering and just have subtitles; and so on and so on (there’s at least some continuity with “Parts VI-VIII” which all use the roman numeral + subtitle formula). I realize this is solely 100% a marketing issue but it’s still something I find annoying. OK, onto the review.
I think this movie is mostly fine/pretty good. It’s essentially a carbon copy of the original but — while I realize the canon gets completely convoluted — they do a decent job of building on the lore/story of the original. Also worth noting is that they literally recreated the "couple screwing spear kill" scene from A Bay of Blood.

I have some more generalized thoughts on the franchise as a whole that I think I’ll save for future reviews. And there’s not much to write about this that hasn’t been said a million times before (e.g., did you know Jason doesn’t wear the hockey mask in this but just has a bag over his head??).
CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,195 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,197 ⫸

Friday the 13th Part 2 is a 1981 American slasher film produced and directed by Steve Miner in his directorial debut, and written by Ron Kurz. It is a direct sequel to Friday the 13th (1980), and the second installment in the franchise. Adrienne King, Betsy Palmer, and Walt Gorney reprise their respective roles from the first film as Alice Hardy, Pamela Voorhees, and Crazy Ralph. Amy Steel and John Furey also star. Taking place five years after the first film, Part 2 follows a similar premise, with an unknown stalker killing a group of camp counselors at a training camp near Crystal Lake. The film marks the debut of Jason Voorhees as the series' main antagonist. It was released on May 1, 1981.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.