MOVIE #1,178 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 10.05.23 50 MOVIES IN 32 DAYS! I’ve never read any Don DeLillo. Just haven’t gotten around to it. But I h...


White Noise (2022)

MOVIE #1,178 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 10.05.23


50 MOVIES IN 32 DAYS!

I’ve never read any Don DeLillo. Just haven’t gotten around to it. But I have now seen two (the only two?) film adaptations made from his books: this and Cronenberg’s Cosmopolis. And while I enjoyed both of these movies, it’s clear that translating his words into moving pictures is an arduous task. I think the good moments here are really good and the not-so-good ones alternate between cringey and straight up annoying. Some of the dialogue has a grating theater vibe more than a literary one. And the final grocery store song and dance sequence simply doesn’t work, although I liked that most of the actors seem as though they’re dancing like they don't want to be there and it's very funny how quickly Adam Driver, Greta Gerwig and the others peace out of the proceedings altogether.
But overall, I appreciate its ambitious nature and it ultimately works because Adam Driver is great. I guess people don't like him but I like him a lot. (Ed. Note: I actually don't know if people don't really like him, or why I feel that way?)
CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,177 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,179 ⫸

White Noise is a 2022 absurdist comedy-drama film written and directed by Noah Baumbach, adapted from the 1985 novel with the same title by Don DeLillo. It is Baumbach's first directed feature not to be based on an original story of his own. The film stars Adam Driver, Greta Gerwig, and Don Cheadle. Set in the 1980s, the story follows the life of a niche academic and his family as they go through trials and tribulations, beginning with an environmental disaster near their home. It was released on August 31, 2022.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.