MOVIE #1,241 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 11.17.23 We went to see this at an outside park screening. The inflatable screen on which the DVD was bei...


The Goonies

MOVIE #1,241 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 11.17.23

We went to see this at an outside park screening. The inflatable screen on which the DVD was being projected was blowing in the wind. It kind of felt like I was on drugs watching it. Also, my friends' kid was being super annoying so it was difficult to fully pay attention and enjoy. I'd like to watch it again under better circumstances.

I don't know if I'd classify it as a classic. I have minor nostalgia for this but it was never a real childhood fave of mine (though I can understand why it would be for some).

I gotta give a special shout-out to Jeff Cohen who played Chunk. Damn, I forgot how much he steals the movie. Just completely LoL funny, almost every line. I'll grade this as an 8/10 but it feels more like an incomplete (given my viewing experience). I eventually want to do a Richard Donner Director Focus (at some point, he's definitely not high on the list) so will probably save my next rewatch for that.


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,240 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,242 ⫸

The Goonies is a 1985 American adventure comedy film directed and co-produced by Richard Donner from a screenplay by Chris Columbus based on a story by Steven Spielberg and starring Sean Astin, Josh Brolin, Jeff Cohen, Corey Feldman, Kerri Green, Martha Plimpton, and Ke Huy Quan, with supporting roles done by John Matuszak, Anne Ramsey, Robert Davi, Joe Pantoliano, and Mary Ellen Trainor. In the film, a group of kids who live in the "Goon Docks" neighborhood of Astoria, Oregon, attempt to save their homes from foreclosure and, in doing so, they discover an old treasure map that takes them on an adventure to unearth the long-lost fortune of One-Eyed Willy, a legendary 17th-century pirate. During the adventure, they are chased by a family of criminals who want the treasure for themselves. It was released on June 7, 1985.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.