MOVIE #1,225 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 11.07.23 So I’ve gotten behind on writing reviews again. This is a hobby and I have a busy life, what can...


The Worst Person in the World

MOVIE #1,225 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 11.07.23
So I’ve gotten behind on writing reviews again. This is a hobby and I have a busy life, what can I say? Other than that, unfortunately, several of the next few entries on this site are going to be shortchanged. I ended up liking this much more than I thought I would about halfway in. It felt like it suffered from trying to do too much early on. It’s told in 12 chapters and there were simply too many lanes (with tonal shifts that worked or didn’t work to varying degrees) and it felt like the buttons weren’t being pushed hard enough and the threads were left unspooled. There’s also some unnecessary narration: the narrator is just saying the things they said to each other at one point. You could have just shown them saying that stuff!
But the last twenty minutes are heart wrenching. There's some great performances and it leans into the melodrama completely, invoking a real human sadness that didn’t feel cheap. I also never thought I would feel so emotional from an Art Garfunkel solo song I had never heard before.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,224 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,226 ⫸

The Worst Person in the World (Norwegian: Verdens verste menneske) is a 2021 romantic comedy-drama film directed by Joachim Trier. It is the third film in the director's Oslo trilogy, following Reprise (2006) and Oslo, August 31st (2011). The film premiered in competition at the 2021 Cannes Film Festival to widespread critical acclaim, with Renate Reinsve winning the award for Best Actress for her performance in the film. At the 94th Academy Awards, the film was nominated for Best International Feature Film and Best Original Screenplay. The film's score is by Ola Fløttum. It was released on July 8, 2021.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.