MOVIE #1,268 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 12.06.23 I usually like this artsy fartsy bullshit but this one didn't connect with me. Although it's c...


Post Tenebras Lux

MOVIE #1,268 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 12.06.23
I usually like this artsy fartsy bullshit but this one didn't connect with me. Although it's clearly the point, the surreal elements are too few and far between (hate to be the one to say it, but it needed more red devil dick and balls silhouette stuff honestly). This felt empty but the director is clearly an auteur and I'm still interested in checking out his other work. Was gonna give it a 5 but ending on that random scene of English boys playing rugby knocked it down 1 bag of popcorn. The only thing (outside of the devil junk) that I think I’ll remember is the callous father character mercilessly a small puppy. I got nothing else…



CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,267 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,269 ⫸

Post Tenebras Lux is a 2012 drama film written and directed by Carlos Reygadas. The title is Latin for "Light after darkness". The film is semiautobiographical, and the narrative follows a rural couple in Mexico, with additional scenes from England, Spain and Belgium; all places where Reygadas has lived. The film competed at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival and Reygadas won the Best Director Award. It was released on May 24, 2012.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.