MOVIE #1,330 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 01.29.24 I just realized what a sausage party all these Dahl films are. There are almost no female acto...


Poison


MOVIE #1,330 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 01.29.24
I just realized what a sausage party all these Dahl films are. There are almost no female actors at all, I think (at least with speaking parts). I'm not passing judgment on this fwiw, it's just an observation: it has much more to do with the source material and I have no interest in wading into those waters. Poison tells the story of Benedict Cumberbatch trying to lie as still as possible in bed to avoid the lethal bite of a venomous snake and it's amazing how much drama they pull out of the threadbare set-up.

I feel like these shorts have already gotten lost in the sea of Netflix garbage, and that's a shame, because they really mark a continuation of excellent work after the (also underappreciated) success of Asteroid City. I highly recommend them.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,329 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,331 ⫸

When a poisonous snake slithers onto an Englishman's stomach in India, his associate and a doctor race to save him. It was released on September 1, 2023.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.