MOVIE #1,353 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.06.24 In my quest to pad my ‘total number of films watched’ number, I’ll be reviewing a new short film each ...


The Cowboy and the Frenchman

MOVIE #1,353 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.06.24

In my quest to pad my ‘total number of films watched’ number, I’ll be reviewing a new short film each and every day: a combination of work by directors I’ve already tackled or am currently tackling, alongside a random selection of Oscar winners/nominees (and probably all points in between). David Lynch was one of the first auetuers to get a Director Focus on this site and I neglected to go through his extensive shorts filmography at the time. So on every Tuesday and Thursday for the next several months, I’ll be rectifying this error.

The Cowboy and the Frenchman has to be the laziest thing Lynch ever made: a very silly 26-minute piece starring Harry Dean Stanton that’s part of a series of commissioned work called “The French as Seen by…” It's at least Lynch at his most unserious, which is kind of interesting.
The short also features some other standbys in addition to Stanton: Jack Nance and Twin Peak’s Michael Horse (in full, very racist Native American getup 😬). Too goofy to hate, but too meh to love. 5/10

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,352 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,354 ⫸

Little seen short film by David Lynch is set on a ranch in the turn-of-the-20th Century Wild West, USA and is a collision of cultures. It was released on October 26, 1988.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.