MOVIE 📖 #1,397 • 02.25.24 I REVIEW BOOKS ON THE LAST SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH Probably my favorite non-fiction book by Klosterman since Kill...


The Nineties


MOVIE 📖 #1,397 • 02.25.24
I REVIEW BOOKS ON THE LAST SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH

Probably my favorite non-fiction book by Klosterman since Killing Yourself to Live. Chuck is one of the rare modern authors whose work I’ve devoured in totality since I discovered him. A friend levied the complaint that he too often puts forth opinion as fact, but isn’t that true of any media of this nature? Seems like it comes with the territory, part and parcel, etc. If anything, this felt like the most researched and non-subjective thing he’s ever written. As a very young Gen-Xer or decrepit Millennial (take your pick: I was born halfway through ‘81 and feel like I experienced the bulk of the titular decade as still but a child), my perception of the angle he often takes (he’s firmly in the Gen-X demo) didn’t totally jive.
Below is an archival podcast recording...



CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,396 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,398 ⫸

The Nineties: A Book is a 2022 book by Chuck Klosterman. It is an analysis of historical trends and pop culture phenomena in the decade of the 1990s. It debuted at No. 2 on The New York Times nonfiction bestseller list. It was released on February 8, 2022.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.