MOVIE #1,463 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 03.20.24 The main list I am working off for this kaiju series is exhaustive, although it still might not b...


The Arctic Giant

MOVIE #1,463 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 03.20.24
The main list I am working off for this kaiju series is exhaustive, although it still might not be complete (I will be cross-referencing it with other sources as I go along). That being said, some of the inclusions seem a tad iffy. Take this entry, for example: A Superman cartoon called “The Arctic Giant” from 1942. I struggled with whether or not I wanted to put any kids animation on the master list at all, but I allowed this one for the simple fact that the short depicts a Godzilla-esque scenario while predating the 1954 Japanese film by 12 years! That’s not nothing! The actual plot is clearly inspired by King Kong as well, insomuch as they bring this creature back from a foreign land and put it on display. When it inevitably thaws from the frozen block of ice (what did these idiots think would happen to ice in non-freezing temperatures?), they call upon Superman and, you're not gonna believe this, he saves the day. The animation is nice and colorful and, after watching it, I'm glad I included it in this chronological series because it absolutely belongs.



CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,462 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,464 ⫸

The Arctic Giant (1942) is the fourth of seventeen animated Technicolor short films based upon the DC Comics character of Superman, created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster. This animated short was created by Fleischer Studios. The story runs nine minutes and covers Superman's adventures in defeating a giant monster that terrorizes the city. It was released on February 27, 1942.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.