MOVIE #1,593 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 04.30.24 My 9yo daughter and I like to have movie nights from time to time. She's finally of age wher...


True Spirit

MOVIE #1,593 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 04.30.24
My 9yo daughter and I like to have movie nights from time to time. She's finally of age where we can start watching 'real' movies together. We’ve watched the Back to the Future trilogy, Jurassic Park, Spirited Away and others. Usually I pick the film, but every once and I will she’ll step up to the plate with a choice. This was one of those times. So I don’t wanna slag on this clearly well-intentioned Netflix-core biopic from Australia. It is (sort of) a REAL movie, which is more than you can say for a lot of the stuff on Netflix Kids. It has actual actors like Anna Paquin and Cliff Curtis. My daughter enjoyed it. And that matters a lot more than its structural flaws and hellish green screens, etc.


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,592 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,594 ⫸

True Spirit is a 2023 Australian biographical drama film directed by Sarah Spillane and written by Spillane, Cathy Randall, and Rebecca Banner. The film is based on the 2010 memoir of the same name by Jessica Watson, played by Teagan Croft. She is an Australian sailor who was awarded the Order of Australia Medal and is on the Australian Sailing Hall of Fame after attempting a solo global circumnavigation at the age of 16. The film was made available for streaming on Netflix. It was released on February 3, 2023.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.