MOVIE #1,526 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 04.10.24 ᴾᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᴬᴺᴰᴿᴱᴬ ᴬᴿᴺᴼᴸᴰ ᴰⁱʳᵉᶜᵗᵒʳ ᶠᵒᶜᵘˢ I thought this might be a modern retelling but it's a p...


Wuthering Heights

MOVIE #1,526 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 04.10.24
ᴾᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᴬᴺᴰᴿᴱᴬ ᴬᴿᴺᴼᴸᴰ ᴰⁱʳᵉᶜᵗᵒʳ ᶠᵒᶜᵘˢ

I thought this might be a modern retelling but it's a period piece. I don't really know the Wuthering Heights story so maybe this plays fast and/or loose with the setup (though I sense that it doesn't). This genre is a hard sell for me, I must admit. While I could appreciate the beauty of these shots right away (Arnold has a true knack for photographing animals, it's no surprise she made a cinema verite about a cow), it took some work to get into this world. I never quite did. Which isn't to say this isn't a good movie (I'm kind of shocked it's only got a 68% RT score). I genuinely think it's good that she stepped out of her comfort zone to make this (though the theme of the outsider still runs parallel to her other work) but I ultimately found this, the 47th or so adaptation of the classic novel, a bit stale, despite the lovely atmosphere.


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,525 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,527 ⫸

Wuthering Heights is a 2011 British Gothic romantic drama film directed by Andrea Arnold starring Kaya Scodelario as Catherine Earnshaw and James Howson as Heathcliff. The screenplay written by Arnold and Olivia Hetreed, is based on Emily Brontë's 1847 novel of the same name. It was released on September 11, 2011.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.