MOVIE #1,653 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 05.22.24 D̷I̷R̷E̷C̷T̷O̷R̷ ̷F̷I̷L̷L̷-̷I̷N̷ ̷S̷E̷R̷I̷E̷S̷:̷ CHRIS SMITH Welcome to another movie review for a...


Home Movie

MOVIE #1,653 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 05.22.24
D̷I̷R̷E̷C̷T̷O̷R̷ ̷F̷I̷L̷L̷-̷I̷N̷ ̷S̷E̷R̷I̷E̷S̷:̷ CHRIS SMITH

Welcome to another movie review for a film I DID NOT WATCH! I was all set to settle in for this one, though. I set-up a trial subscription for both Amazon Prime and AMC+ and was ready to go. Sure, I thought it was odd that the movie poster thumbnail was clearly not accurate, but I figured these things happen…

As it turns out, the movie on Prime/AMC+ is actually this Home Movie (from 2008), a found footage psychological horror. I should have trusted the jpeg + the 18+ rating was a red flag as well. It's truly amazing how fuck-ups like this happen, but I guess they're pretty rampant. Anyway, I slotted this film into Movie #1,653 so there was no turning back. It's a shame because Smith's documentary sounds really interesting: "the filmmaker of American Movie documents five unconventional homes that reflect their residents' personalities." I thought about pulling the trigger on a DVD copy of this movie because it's just nowhere to be found on the internet. Here's the trailer...


I'm giving this a 7 (on spec!) and will add a review if/when I ever get around to seeing it.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,652 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,654 ⫸

Documentary look at five unusual homes and the people who built (or adapted) them.It was released on January 25, 2001.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.