MOVIE #1,689 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 05.31.24 The other ‘film’ I wanted to mention from my trip to Wondespaces , was Eliza McNitt’s virtual ...

Home » , , , , , » Spheres: Songs of Spacetime

Spheres: Songs of Spacetime

MOVIE #1,689 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 05.31.24
The other ‘film’ I wanted to mention from my trip to Wondespaces, was Eliza McNitt’s virtual reality (VR) experience Spheres: Songs of Spacetime. What I watched was just a ⅓ of the final product, I believe, but it still marked my first purely cinematic dive into the world of VR (I played miniature golf on my friend's Meta Quest for a few minutes once). I don’t know if this technology has a future when it comes to the movies: I spent about fifteen minutes with the apparatus attached and that felt long enough. But this ‘film’ (narrated by Jessica Chastain) definitely felt like a film (I mean, no shit, right? It played at Sundance and was produced by Darren Aronofsky). Perhaps one day this won’t feel like a gimmick as well, even though I really enjoyed floating around in the cosmos for a little while.
I could go on and on about this, but — logistics, cost and access aside — what it boils down to has more to do with how and what the tech industry sees the future of this medium as more than anything else. They clearly want it to be part of an interactive future when, honestly, it might be better geared for something like this: turning the ultimate form of passive entertainment into something even more passive.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,688 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,690 ⫸

Spheres: Songs of Spacetime is a three-part virtual reality (VR) experience created by Eliza McNitt and produced by Darren Aronofsky that takes the viewer on a journey through space and the sounds that can be heard there. It was notably the first known VR product to secure a seven figure deal coming out of a film festival, namely Sundance, provoking significant media interest in the state of the VR film industry. It was released on January 17, 2018.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.