MOVIE #1,847 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 07.24.24 a SPIKE LEE Director Focus Joint I knew I was gonna have a rough time with this. I hate the blues. T...


Mo' Better Blues

MOVIE #1,847 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 07.24.24

a SPIKE LEE Director Focus Joint

I knew I was gonna have a rough time with this. I hate the blues. The blues are better than blues rock (and some jazz), but that's about it. A musical dramedy featuring a character named Bleek Gilliam playing said (albeit jazzy) blues just ain't my bag. For example, why make Denzel do this? He's better than this. He's mo’ better than this, in fact… (also, I can't believe this is the FIRST Denzel Washington movie I'm reviewing on this site!)

Bleek is an apt character name!

I simply couldn’t grasp the tone of this. It’s supposed to be the present day but it has this old timey vibe and it doesn’t add up. This is the worst song I’ve heard…


Samuel L. Jackson shows up to beat Spike Lee and Denzel to a bloody pulp, but I had mostly tuned out by that point.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,846 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,848 ⫸

An Angel at My Table is a 1990 biographical drama film directed by Jane Campion. The film is based on Janet Frame's three autobiographies, To the Is-Land (1982), An Angel at My Table (1984), and The Envoy from Mirror City (1984). The film was very well received. It won awards at the New Zealand Film and Television awards, the Toronto International Film Festival, and second prize at the Venice Film Festival. It was released on September 5, 1990.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.