MOVIE #1,804 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 07.10.24 𝙳𝙸𝚁𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙾𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝙲𝚄𝚂: 𝙵𝚁𝙴𝙳𝙴𝚁𝙸𝙲𝙺 𝚆𝙸𝚂𝙴𝙼𝙰𝙽 I definitely wouldn’t call this a m...


Primate

MOVIE #1,804 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 07.10.24
𝙳𝙸𝚁𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙾𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝙲𝚄𝚂: 𝙵𝚁𝙴𝙳𝙴𝚁𝙸𝙲𝙺 𝚆𝙸𝚂𝙴𝙼𝙰𝙽

I definitely wouldn’t call this a misfire, but it’s the first Wiseman film I’ve watched that didn’t feel like essential viewing. There’s something about his style and the non-human subjects that didn’t totally jive. (And, yes, I realize that the researchers are just as much of the focus as the primates.) The fact that the version I watched was a horrible quality, French-subtitled version didn’t help matters. Oh well, there’s still like 50 more of his movies to go and I’m looking forward to them.


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,803 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,805 ⫸

This film casts a forensic observational eye over researchers working with primates. After a time watching it is possible to wonder which ones of these two sets of primates is the more strange. It was released on December 5, 1974.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.