MOVIE #1,861 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 07.30.24 Man, I could have sworn I reviewed some of Kelly Reichardt’s short film work back when I did her...


Travis

MOVIE #1,861 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 07.30.24
Man, I could have sworn I reviewed some of Kelly Reichardt’s short film work back when I did her Director Focus (she was one of the first filmmakers I ever did a deep-dive on). But I guess I didn’t ‘officially’ critique them even though I definitely watched them. Anyway, I’ll be filing them with their own posts starting today. She doesn’t have a vast short-form oeuvre but it’s definitely interesting. Travis is twelve minutes of a blurry color field set to a reappropriated/reorganized NPR radio interview with an anguished mother whose son was killed in Iraq + ambient soundtrack. You can watch this one on YouTube. It’s fairly hypnotic.


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,860 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,862 ⫸

An experimental film matching shifting colors with audio taken from an NPR radio interview with a mother who lost her son in the Iraq War. It was released on March 26, 2009.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.