MOVIE #1,168 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 09.29.23 EVERY OTHER FRIDAY I’M REVIEWING THE COMPLETE WORKS OF ALFRED HITCHCOCK IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER. TH...


The Man Who Knew Too Much

MOVIE #1,168 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 09.29.23


EVERY OTHER FRIDAY I’M REVIEWING THE COMPLETE WORKS OF ALFRED HITCHCOCK IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER. THIS IS TGI-HITCHOCK!.

Nowwwww we’re talking! Look, I doubt this is a very good movie in the scheme of things, but compared to everything that’s come before, it’s easily the best Hitchcock movie up to this point in his career (and has some of the best poster art ever). Gone are the strained comedic aspects, and we’re firmly in the thriller territory that would be the hallmark of his career. Hitchcock would go on to use this same title again in the 1950s for a James Stewart movie, albeit with a wholly different plot/story. If there’s one thing I’ve learned doing this particular chronological run-through of a single director, it’s that you absolutely DO NOT need to see every frame of a filmmaker’s career. Still, the complete-ist in me feels compelled to do it this way and who am I to argue with genius movie-making such as this…

I feel like the best thing I can say about this is that it’s definitely 100% watchable. And while that sounds like a slight, you didn’t just suffer through the previous few entries (OK maybe I didn’t either, but that’s besides the point). The plot here isn’t without its issues (why does this couple insist on thwarting the assassination attempt when that seems counterintuitive to assuring their daughter comes home alive?) but it’s well paced and acted. It even has a bonkers shootout scene that I didn’t see coming…


I’m certain there’s much more engrossing stuff around the corner. I’m just relieved to have seen a movie I didn’t immediately feel the urge to switch off lol. Also, why don’t they make dentist signs like this any more?
CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,167 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,169 ⫸

The Man Who Knew Too Much is a 1934 British spy thriller film directed by Alfred Hitchcock, featuring Leslie Banks and Peter Lorre, and released by Gaumont British. It was one of the most successful and critically acclaimed films of Hitchcock's British period. It was released on December 1, 1934 .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.