🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

Home » , , , , , , , , » Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia

Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia


🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


*Review starts @ ~ 19:25
🎙️ EPISODE 296: 09.28.2020

Sam Pecking Paw is one of those directors who I know but don't know a thing about. I thought he was one of the guys that just made a million western movies and some of them were great? (In general, there's a genre I'm woefully out of the loop on.) But as it turns out, his arc was far more eclectic, if not firmly in the 'western vibe' with action/crime undertones. This film certainly has that feel, though—I'll admit— it's a FEEL in poor perception only. Looking at his filmography, it's not as daunting and/or huge as I anticipated.
This is all a real long-winded way of saying that I will stave off on reviewing anymore of his work and save it for a DIRECTOR FOCUS, so be on the lookout for that over the next 4-27 years. (I gotz a lot on my plate.)

Alright so as far as this one goes. Gotta do another big shout-out to The Gods of TRUE RANDOM. I mostly enjoyed it! How Ever, I feel like right off the bat–again: however–I need to address the elephant in the room or should I say YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING WHAT IS THE POINT OF ALL THIS MISOGYNY AND VIOLENCE TOWARDS WOMEN in the room. This scene is probably the 3rd or 4th worst example said elephant...


Look, I don't know enough to say FOR SURE but this has to be bad even by 1974's standards, right? And before you go bitching that I'm being a dumb SJW woke-ass crybaby, please know that this does not serve the story/plot whatsoever. Both the hero and the villains alike get in the "treating women like shit" action. There is an entire rape scene featuring Kris Kristofferson (kool kameo. Not) that could've easily been kut! It literally has nothing to do with anything else in the movie! We already know that this woman has been mistreated and tread on; the damn leading man, Warren Oates, treats her like garbage too. (It's also insinuated that she gives him crabs almost immediately after she's introduced! And she's the emotional heart of the movie.) So, listen, if you wanna discount, discredit, or wholly disregard this film for all that, go right ahead; it sucks and is bad.

For the sake of all sakes and (perhaps) against better judgment I'm going to compartmentalize all of it. While, yes, at the very core of this movie is the idea that we're supposed to feel bad for (the head of) Alfredo Garcia even though the young woman he impregnates which sets off the entire plot is pretty damn young and maybe another suspect example of all this crap. You begin to get the sense at some point that no piece of art is worth enjoying if they (the filmmakers, the builders of dreams) indulge in this darkness. So I'll continute to fight against that, for this day, and until I get a better sense for the almighty context (which, let's be honest: might be nonexistant).

Shit. I've already turned myself off from finishing the review. Can he (me) do it? Does he (me) want to? Find out next time on "Woke, But Not Quite" with Jeff.

**drinks 1,000 liters of whiskey to prove his worth as a real man**

Yikes. OK. I'm back. This is a tremendous unhinged and very quote-worthy performance by Oates. He seems pretty drunk throughout, honestly...


Also, I always like to splice a shot up with this when I get the chance...


That's it. That's the review. I'm giving it an 8 because I generally enjoyed watching it. And now if I can spoil the ending: I really thought he was gonna get away with the money AND with killing EVERYONE but ALAS... They shoot him like 7,000 times. Fade to silence. Roll them credits (which are overlaid on a series of completely random and totally unfattering stills from the film LoL)... eh, nothing matters man hahahahahaaha

CHRONOLOGICALLY
EPISODE 296A - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 297A ⫸

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.