MOVIE #1,085 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 07.31.23 PART OF THE JIA ZHANGKE DIRECTOR FOCUS I feel as though I’ve hit a brief snag in the JZ ...

Home » , , , , , » Black Breakfast

Black Breakfast

MOVIE #1,085 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 07.31.23
PART OF THE JIA ZHANGKE DIRECTOR FOCUS

I feel as though I’ve hit a brief snag in the JZ filmography. I simply haven’t been able to connect with his full-length documentary work. I did however enjoy the short 4-minute film Black Breakfast, a weird and wordless film made for a human rights campaign. Don’t ask me to explain it. But, from my notes: “ZT in Fatigues. Outside of a temple. Masked lovers by the factory. School issued kisses. Red cloth faces. gas mask neckties. A pan of dirty dumplings. Like marshmallow bears. Roll credits on eternity. Nobody cares.” It’s lovely.


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,084 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,086 ⫸

A tourist in China expects to find hidden archeological treasures. Reality provides a stark contrast as she finds herself at odds with the elements. It was released on October 23, 2008.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.