MOVIE #1,086 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 07.31.23 PART OF THE JIA ZHANGKE DIRECTOR FOCUS I Wish I Knew yet again features Zhao Tao in an oblique ...


I Wish I Knew

MOVIE #1,086 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 07.31.23
PART OF THE JIA ZHANGKE DIRECTOR FOCUS

I Wish I Knew yet again features Zhao Tao in an oblique role. She plays the imagined daughter of a dissident. It’s a weird mix of talking heads and informative intertitles and the aforementioned looser, more experimental mode of storytelling. Like much of his work, the subject is the Cultural Revolution, with a focus on the history of Shanghai and the evolution of film and the movie industry in the country. I prefer the vague and somewhat evasive style, though it’s an interesting juxtaposition.


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,085 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,087 ⫸

Focuses on the people, their stories and architecture spanning from the mid-1800s, when Shanghai was opened as a trading port, to the present day. It was released on May 16, 2010.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.