MOVIE 📖 #1,575 • 04.28.24 I REVIEW BOOKS ON THE LAST SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH I read two unrealized Charlie Kaufman screenplays recently. An...


Frank or Francis


MOVIE 📖 #1,575 • 04.28.24
I REVIEW BOOKS ON THE LAST SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH

I read two unrealized Charlie Kaufman screenplays recently. And wouldn’t you know it, these were the very first screenplays I’ve ever sat down and read start to finish? (Of course you wouldn't know this, not sure why I framed it like that.) Some might say this is a grave sin for one of the great movie buffs, and perhaps it is. Just never got around to it. I like that these were for things that don't exist because I could make the movie or show happen in my head. And I suppose you could say that that’s possible for any work of writing, but the thing about an unrealized screenplay is that it was written specifically to be filmed but then never made (and it’s also much shorter than a book, as an added bonus). I’m sorry this is a horrible review. I don’t feel like getting into the specifics of the story or the backstory, though, as both are but a google away. I will point you in the direction of where I found these, though: here.


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,574 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,576 ⫸

This one's a musical-comedy - a Hollywood satire in which an auteur director (Frank) and a movie blog commenter (Francis) go to war with one another. Francis hates almost every movie he watches. It was released on May 17, 2010.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.