MOVIE 📖 #1,576 • 04.28.24 I REVIEW BOOKS ON THE LAST SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH The second of two unrealized Charlie Kaufman screenplays I rea...


How and Why


MOVIE 📖 #1,576 • 04.28.24
I REVIEW BOOKS ON THE LAST SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH

The second of two unrealized Charlie Kaufman screenplays I read recently was actually produced as a pilot and not picked up. So unlike Frank or Francis, it’s kind of built to fail (or succeed?) in the Leave You Wanting More Dept. There were other scripts available to download on that site I referenced last time (here), like Charlie’s A Scanner Darkly adaptation and early versions of some of his completed pictures. I can’t say that I have any interest in reading those. I imagine my mind wouldn’t be able to stop wondering, “but how did this look in the REAL movie?” It’s also why I don’t have any interest in reading screenplays for completed films either. Don’t see the point. In the last review, I said I was a bad buff for this fact, but now I rescind this statement. The true movie buff would never read a script for an existing/finished project. The film (a low-res mp4 on my Plex drive) is the beginning and the end. It holds everything we’ll ever need to know about it.


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,575 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,577 ⫸

Pilot script for a TV series. The pilot was filmed, but FX passed on it, and whatever was filmed has never seen the light of day. It was released on August 6, 2013.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.