🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


I Am Mother


🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


🎙️ EPISODE 202: 11.13.19

A new genre seems to have emerged. Let's call it "middling Netflix sci-fi with a ridiculous premise and/or trick ending." The Citizen Kane of this genre is, of course, Bird Box. But other recent entries include the horror-adjacent Allison Williams led The Perfection and I'm sure at least a dozen others that I haven't seen or heard of (thank god). That being said, I actually kinda dug this one. It had that good type of totally insane energy. It's also incredibly funny to me that, while I can't recall a lick of the plot and/or plot twists now a month or so removed, I vividly remember the daughter character watching Johnny Carson reruns. Of all the media humanity ever made that she could choose from or was allowed to watch, this is what was picked?
Honestly and really truly impressive how incredibly forgettable this movie was/is. Like it was created by A.I. itself to be digested mindlessly and then instantly forgotten. A soft recommend for me.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
EPISODE 201 - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 203 ⫸

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.