🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

Home » , , , , , , » Barefoot: The Mark Baumer Story

Barefoot: The Mark Baumer Story


🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


🎙️ EPISODE 326: 02.19.2021
I made the mistake of stumbling upon the review of this at RogerEbert dot com and wouldn't you know it somebody who isn't Roger Ebert reviewed this because Roger Ebert is also dead! Roger Ebert's last wish apparently was that his name be used for a content farm featuring the most low rent, shitty writing imaginable. But hey, life is weird. And a life in death is even stranger and more difficult to parse, and if my family could make some dough hiring freelance writers to post on my website after I die, I would probably be fine with it. Anyway, it absolutely sucks that that is the first google hit for this film.

But nevertheless, here we are. Mark Baumer is my favorite writer. He's both the writer that I love to read the most and the one I find the most inspiring. He's not well-known; maybe that's part of the appeal. He was killed by an SUV in January of 2017 at the age of 33.
He still has a mountain of C O N T E N T (art) on his YouTube page, his website, his blog dedicated to his fateful final journey, among many many many other places online and off. He was a prolific poster. He saw in social media a portal for endless creativity and dedicated much of his time to flooding them with art. I like to think of a world where that is how everyone uses social media and how impossible they'd be to monetize (ie, perfect) if that were the case.

I said all I feel I needed to say about the actual film in the ~20-minute review above. I liked it a lot. And, as I said countless time, I'm just thankful it exists. For every reader of that soulless ★★ RogerEbert dot com review, I hope there's at least someone else in this sad, sickening world who finds out about Mark through this movie and falls in love with his work.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
EPISODE 325B - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 327 ⫸

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.