MOVIE #1,141 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 09.07.23 It's time for Well, Hong? , an alphabetic review series on the complete filmography of actor J...


Beast Mode

MOVIE #1,141 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 09.07.23
It's time for Well, Hong?, an alphabetic review series on the complete filmography of actor JAMES HONG. This is Chapter 8...

This is horrible, obviously, but it borders on that completely atrocious shit I've found myself drawn to recently. When I discovered that the lead (an inept filmmaker named “Breen” (link) — I mean, that HAS to be intentional right?) was played by none other than unrecognizably aged C. Thomas Howell, I was full on board. To his credit, the dude has never really stopped working (link), and even more admirable is the fact that he’s let himself age naturally and is completely giving it 100% in movies like this. But this is not “Howell Did That Get Made?” it is “Well, Hong?” so let’s get to James Hong’s one and only scene…


On the Hong-Meter, that’s a solid 7 (ignore the domestic violence joke!!) and that’s what I’ll be giving this movie. Sure, it is BAD, but it’s lovably so imo. It's never trying to be anything other than a comedy and while the satirical elements (Hollywood, baby!) are poorly done and hamfisted, they remain commendable in their own weird way. I mean, listen to this soundtrack…


And I loved this fourth wall breaking ending!...


Also, there’s some fun appearances by Robert Costanzo and Ray Wise, who are always nice to see. I swear I'm not saying I like this just for the sake of being a contrarian!
CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,140 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,142 ⫸

Beast Mode is a 2020 American comedy horror film directed by Chris W. Freeman and Spain Willingham and starring C. Thomas Howell, Leslie Easterbrook, Ray Wise, James Hong and James Duval. It was released on December 1, 2020.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.