![]() 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 |
🎙️ EPISODE 463: 05.10.22 When I heard that Robert Eggers was doing a viking revenge movie with THAT CAST, I was — naturally — excited. And then, little by little, things started to peck away at that excitement: the generic movie poster, the overtly mainstream trailer, and so on. Was this really the film where Eggers went populist, went for the jugular of the Marvel-obsessed "I like big shiny things!" masses? Or were we being led on by a trick of marketing? Well, having just seen the picture on the BIG big screen (Regal's IMAX Junior, "RPX"), I can say that it's about a 50/50 split. And depending on what your tastes are, that's not necessarily a bad thing at all. It was such an obvious pivot away from the insular world of the breathtaking, genius (easily in my Top 5 of the 2010s) , but it retained enough weirdness to offset the scale of its (apparent) asipirations. |
But I (literally) digress. On a plainly visceral level, I appreciated that this movie was big and unrelenting in a way that almost all movies aren't anymore (those that are worth a damn, anyway). It's definitely not perfect, but it really never had a chance to be.
CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ EPISODE 462 - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 464A ⫸
⫷ EPISODE 462 - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 464A ⫸
The Northman is a 2022 American epic historical fiction film directed by Robert Eggers, who co-wrote the screenplay with Sjón. Based on the legend of Amleth, the film stars co-producer Alexander Skarsgård, Nicole Kidman, Claes Bang, Anya Taylor-Joy, Ethan Hawke, Björk, and Willem Dafoe. The plot follows Amleth, a Viking prince who sets out on a quest to avenge the murder of his father. It was released on March 28, 2022.

0 comments:
Post a Comment