🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


Buñuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles


🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


🎙️ EPISODE 488: 06.13.22

Once every two years or so, your pal Jeff decides it's good idea to try and watch one of them "adult cartoons" (which, look, I just call them all anime even if this/they don't quite fit under that umbrella). And, like friggin' clockwork, I come out with the exact same opinion: This is fine. This is not for me. Why did I watch this. But I will continue to make this pilgrimage at sporadic intervals because I assume there has to be something classified as adult animation which will pique my interest. This one got close a couple of times (I really liked when they inserted the actual Buñuel movie footage), but ultimately I landed on the "more bored than not" side. I gotta give em props for doing something different, though. This is essentially a biopic and can't really think of any animated biopics off the top of my head. So there's that.


CHRONOLOGICALLY
EPISODE 487 - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 489 ⫸

Buñuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles (Spanish: Buñuel en el laberinto de las tortugas) is a 2018 Spanish biographical animated film directed by Salvador Simó and with a screenplay written by Eligio R. Montero and Simó himself based on the graphic novel Buñuel en el laberinto de las tortugas by Fermín Solís, about film director Luis Buñuel making the 1933 film Land Without Bread. It was released on October 20, 2018.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.