🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 stream / download



🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
stream / download

🎙️ EPISODE 670: 03.22.23

For much of this quasi slow burn (not a thing? I know), I felt what would normally not have been a complaint of mine recently, that this was too meandering. I kept waiting for something more to happen and while I understand that it (whatever IT is) not happening might be part of the point, the film's objective and/or reasoning for functioning this way was not making itself clear. And, for the record, I don't think it necessarily has to! I guess part of my frustration stems from the fact that I cannot for the life of me glean the concept of Israel and its people in the framework of the modern political debate about such matters (call it apathy, stupidity; I'm a squirrel! I'm sorry!!), so much as any nation or place and their people can be considered 'a concept'—this is dangerous territory, folks. Really, truly.
But Synonyms, a deep and contemplative and even occasionally comical film by Israeli filmmaker Nadav Lapid, eventually cuts to the heart of the matter in a fairly plainspoken and beautiful way: that no country is really worth fighting for, or even caring about even a little AS A CONCEPT. That the idea of nationality is as useless as a squirrel with a movie review podcast. And THAT'S something I understand completely.




CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ EPISODE 669 - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 671 ⫸

Synonyms (French: Synonymes) is a 2019 international co-produced drama film directed by Nadav Lapid, from a screenplay by Lapid and Haim Lapid. It stars Tom Mercier, Quentin Dolmaire and Louise Chevillotte. It had its world premiere at the Berlin International Film Festival on 13 February 2019, where it won the Golden Bear, and the FIPRESCI Award (Competition). It was released on February 28, 2019.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.