MOVIE #1,231 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 11.10.23 Unceremoniously dumped on Disney+, I can’t fathom why this hasn’t gotten more love. Look, I watc...


Peter Pan & Wendy

MOVIE #1,231 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 11.10.23

Unceremoniously dumped on Disney+, I can’t fathom why this hasn’t gotten more love. Look, I watch a lot of kids’ garbage and this is worlds better than most of it. Maybe my admiration/appreciation for David Lowery clouded some of the obvious criticisms but I was glued to this for nearly all of the very generous 90-minute runtime (what should be the max runtime for childrens movies!). I don’t go deep into the Pan-Verse and the various iterations/differences in the millions of adaptations at this point (although it’s a fascinating, strange and subtly deep tale). Do whatever the hell you want with the Peter Pan story is my take. And I’m glad that Lowery did just that.

I would also like to add that I used to grade these movies on a very different sliding scale based (almost) exclusively on how much my own kids enjoyed them. But I won’t be doing that any more. Everything, from this point forward, is fair game for my scorn now hahaha!

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,230 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,232 ⫸

Peter Pan & Wendy is a 2023 American fantasy adventure film directed by David Lowery from a screenplay he co-wrote with Toby Halbrooks. Jim Whitaker served as producer on the Walt Disney Pictures production, which is a live-action remake of Walt Disney's 1953 animated feature film Peter Pan, in turn based on the 1904 play Peter Pan; or, the Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up (also known as Peter and Wendy) by J. M. Barrie. It was released on April 28, 2023.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.