MOVIE #1,328 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 01.29.24 The great Ralph Fiennes plays Roald Dahl in these short films as a clever framing device but, ...


The Rat Catcher


MOVIE #1,328 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 01.29.24
The great Ralph Fiennes plays Roald Dahl in these short films as a clever framing device but, as do many of the actors, he also features in other roles. Like the titular Rat Catcher here. I have no familiarity with Dahl’s more adult stories but these movies have left me intrigued. Fiennes is almost unrecognizable, covered in grime with black eyes and a long wig, and the plot is subtly twisted. I watched these with my 9-year-old and I could tell she was a bit bemused by the tone, aka the sweet spot.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,327 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,329 ⫸

In an English village, a reporter and a mechanic listen to a rat catcher explain his clever plan to outwit his prey. It was released on September 1, 2023.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.