MOVIE #1,359 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.08.24 WELL, HONG? • CHAPTER 16 I appreciate how the credits design (and pretty much everything else lol) m...


Bloodsport III

MOVIE #1,359 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.08.24
WELL, HONG? • CHAPTER 16
I appreciate how the credits design (and pretty much everything else lol) makes it look like the mid 80s, but this came out direct to video in 1998! It doesn't look like it. This is a direct sequel to Part 2 (and the only one with any continuity). It’s maybe my favorite of the original trilogy simply because of the fact that it has the least amount of competition fighting (the kumite doesn’t begin until about 50 minutes into this 88-minute movie). It is unfortunately light on James Hong, though, despite the fact that his death (which occurs off-camera for some reason) is the impetus for the entire revenge plot. The great John Rhys-Davies shows up as a villain and the story is told in flashback as Daniel Bernhardt goes down memory lane with his son. I'll take these kooky training scenes any day over the boring matches inside the ring any day…


Fun fact: the director of the John Wick films, stuntman Chad Stahelski, is in this.

I’m giving all of these 6/10 which I feel is generous, but I think they’re OK for what they are. I’m definitely not the target audience but I get the appeal. Like I already mentioned: the best parts are not the MMA scenes, but what happens before and in between. Sometimes, they are unintentionally comedic/So Good It’s Bad (SBIG), yes…


While none of these qualify for SBIG status overall I was wholly not prepared for the delirious madness of the fourth installment…

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,358 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,360 ⫸

Bloodsport III is a 1997 martial arts sports action film directed and produced by Alan Mehrez, from a script written by James Williams. It is a direct sequel to Bloodsport II: The Next Kumite, and the third installment overall in the titular film series. The movie starred Daniel Bernhardt, reprising his role as Alex Cardo. It was released direct-to-video in 1997. It was released on May 13, 1997.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.