MOVIE #1,371 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.13.24 The entire gimmick of TWO FOR TUESDAY is going to inevitably lead me to some very bad movies: there ...


Fixation

MOVIE #1,371 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.13.24

The entire gimmick of TWO FOR TUESDAY is going to inevitably lead me to some very bad movies: there are only so many words and there are only so many movies. I mean, there are a lot of words but there are only so many movies that use the same words in their title. Or something. But, look, it is my duty to find the good in these bad movies. It’s my pledge, and I will do a seppuku on myself if I can’t accomplish this. And no I’m not ‘being dramatic’—I was built for this grind. So let’s talk about the 2017 Renee S. Warren Peoples serial killer flick Fixation that features not one, not two, but three commercials for Maeday BBQ sauce


The same song, written I assume specifically for this film, does indeed play throughout. Listen, this is mostly bad/boring but I did like the scenes where the father and kid are just nonchalantly talk about being serial killers. It's like some sick twisted commentary on the step-dad and daughter relationship. But is it intentional? Does it matter? I gleaned something ripe with meaning from an otherwise shoddily produced, pitiful slog. Intent is the least of our concerns! This had the potential to feature some low-budget blood and gore but they completely steer clear of that, perhaps on some grounds of morality? I did like this final slaying, though. We can have just a little bit of blood (I think they added the smallest splotch of red in post, maybe?)…


The end is pure nonsense that leaves the only good character in a perilous, unresolved situation, which was such a head-scratching choice, I can only commend it (the lil killer also has a reunion with her biological dad who is named, I'm not kidding, Theodore Bundy, but that's another story). This filmmaker has a whopping 61 directorial credits so I have my work cut out in terms of putting together the complete S. Warren Peoples puzzle, but at least I have boundless time and energy to tackle it! JK I'm on death's doorstep lol.






CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,370 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,372 ⫸

Charles has a secret, and his wife Katherine has no clue about what his unrelenting obsession is. When the clues start to add up, will Katherine do what's right or will she become the fuel that adds to the fire of a citywide manhunt? Or will her daughter have something going on in her life to overshadow everything? It was released on July 1, 2017.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.