MOVIE #1,368 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.12.24 Today I am unveiling my Yorgos Lanthimos Director Focus , a soup-to-nuts look at the full film...


Poor Things

MOVIE #1,368 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.12.24

Today I am unveiling my Yorgos Lanthimos Director Focus, a soup-to-nuts look at the full filmography of everybody’s favorite Greek weirdo auteur, so do check that out (critics are calling it one of my “only marginally half-assed” D.F.s of late!). I watched Poor Things out in the wild at the cineplex, an increasingly rare event for me, a few weeks ago and I have to admit that it’s not fresh in my mind right now as I write this (on the last day of January). Not fresh AT ALL. That is to say, it hasn’t really stuck with me in the way I/you/we would like it to have. You know the way. I enjoyed it but I do sense, in retrospect, that ‘something’s missing’ and while it might seem like the job of someone who is currently writing a critique to explain that ‘something’, I unfortunately can’t at the moment. I have had a bit of a rough go of it here, easing into the new year (if you care to hear about it). Despite cutting out alcohol completely, I’ve been experiencing “brain fog.” Maybe this is just getting older. Who knows.
This kind of reminded me of the "Born Yesterday" episode of Bluey (if ya know, ya know).


So, sorry for the half-assed review, the half-assed everything, etc. There is a mythical catch-up point on the horizon that might be a mirage. There is so much I’m unsure of, the least of which being my ‘score’ or ‘assessment’ of a certain film, truth be told. I/you/we press on, though. What else can we do.
CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,367 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,369 ⫸

Poor Things is a 2023 science fiction black comedy film directed by Yorgos Lanthimos and written by Tony McNamara. It stars Emma Stone, Mark Ruffalo, Willem Dafoe, Ramy Youssef, Christopher Abbott and Jerrod Carmichael. Based on the 1992 novel by Alasdair Gray, the plot follows Bella Baxter, a young woman in Victorian London, who is resurrected by a scientist following her suicide and embarks on an odyssey of self-discovery and sexual liberation. It was released on September 1, 2023.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.