MOVIE #1,355 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.07.24 𝙳𝙸𝚁𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙾𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝙲𝚄𝚂: 𝙵𝚁𝙴𝙳𝙴𝚁𝙸𝙲𝙺 𝚆𝙸𝚂𝙴𝙼𝙰𝙽 I’ve slowed up on watching docu...


Titcut Follies

MOVIE #1,355 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.07.24
𝙳𝙸𝚁𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙾𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝙲𝚄𝚂: 𝙵𝚁𝙴𝙳𝙴𝚁𝙸𝙲𝙺 𝚆𝙸𝚂𝙴𝙼𝙰𝙽

I’ve slowed up on watching documentaries of late so I decided to begin a bi-weekly D.F. on one of the form’s greats (Wiseman) and this is maybe a perfect documentary in theory, in that: you wish it wasn't real. Unpalatable on purpose but not ‘shoving your face in it'. Is is. The is is is. The movie is pleading its case by be/been. Just was = causation. “I need help, I don't know where I can get it” …. “You get it here I guess.” TFW your guess is as good as mine, doc. The film as hypothesis. Why are they naked all the time? Scenarios where nudity seems uncalled for. The nose enema my god: I can't bring myself to search it up (the technique that is). Some are clearly worse off than others. Tell me about it. A chin, sick twisted hands and last rites (black eyes). Religion in a place like that. Sing a pretty song, why don't ya. Sing us out. Over. Cremate a single book. Not over. 1.6x speed on my lap, 7” screen. Screen life. Life, at least. Better them than me. 9/10


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,354 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,356 ⫸

Titicut Follies is a 1967 American direct cinema documentary film produced, written, and directed by Frederick Wiseman and filmed by John Marshall. It deals with the patient-inmates of Bridgewater State Hospital for the Criminally Insane, a Massachusetts Correctional Institution in Bridgewater, Massachusetts. The title is taken from that of a talent show put on by the hospital staff. Titicut is the Wampanoag name for the nearby Taunton River. The film won accolades in Germany and Italy. Wiseman went on to produce many more such films examining social institutions (e.g. hospitals, police, schools, etc.) in the United States. In 2022, the film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant" It was released on October 3, 1967.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.