MOVIE #1,356 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.07.24 𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓎 : A MARTIN SCORSESE DIRECTOR FOCUS 🇮🇹🇺🇸 Marty . If ever there was a name more ...

Home » , , , , , , , , , » What's a Nice Girl Like You Doing in a Place Like This?

What's a Nice Girl Like You Doing in a Place Like This?

MOVIE #1,356 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.07.24
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓎: A MARTIN SCORSESE DIRECTOR FOCUS 🇮🇹🇺🇸

Marty. If ever there was a name more synonymous with cin•e•ma, I don’t know it. And yet, I’ve always had something of a contentious relationship with ole Marty. I think it might have something to do with this 26-second Peter Greenaway soundbyte but I’m not sure. I’m not a full-on contrarian, mind you. I recognize Taxi Driver and Goodfellas as the unimpeachable classics they are. But some of his work, while almost always entertaining, has left me a little cold. I’ve reviewed seven of his films at this point and seen many more. There are also major entries (like Raging Bull and The Last Temptation of Christ) that I’ve, embarrassingly, never seen before at all. While there are countless auteurs I still need to do a deep-dive on, I’ve decided to finally give Marty my full attention this year. It’s time. I’m going to run-through his relatively brief short works filmography every Wednesday before tackling the features chronologically starting on Monday, March 11th.
This is an interesting little short. Not what I was expecting but who knows what I was expecting? It was definitely more oblique than I anticipated, though it still gave off some faint student film vibes (which it is of course).

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,355 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,357 ⫸

What's a Nice Girl like You Doing in a Place like This? is a 1963 American black-and-white short comedy-drama film created by Martin Scorsese while he studied at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. It is a story about a writer who becomes obsessed with a picture on his wall. The film stars Zeph Michaelis, Mimi Stark, Sarah Braveman, Fred Sica, and Robert Uricola. It was released on October 3, 1963.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.