MOVIE 📖 #1,493 • 03.31.24 I REVIEW BOOKS ON THE LAST SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH I basically read this in two bursts, each probably less than a...


Cat's Cradle


MOVIE 📖 #1,493 • 03.31.24
I REVIEW BOOKS ON THE LAST SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH

I basically read this in two bursts, each probably less than a week long, with a months-long break in between. I’m not sure what’s wrong with me. I have parental-induced ADHD perhaps. But, suffice to say, that is no way to read a book.

Going into this one, I thought it had a decent chance of taking the mantle for Best K.V. book, but now I’m not nearly as sure. I think there’s a lag in the middle when the narrator’s on the plane. The final pieces to the puzzle are fantastic but there is a lag. There’s a lag, Jerry! But still: 10/10 no notes. One man’s lag is another man’s seamless continuity of mind-opening passive entertainment.
UP TO THE SECOND VONNEGUT RANKING
4. Player Piano
3. Sirens
2. Cat’s Cradle
1. Mother Night

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,492 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,494 ⫸

Cat's Cradle is a satirical postmodern novel, with science fiction elements, by American writer Kurt Vonnegut. Vonnegut's fourth novel, it was first published in 1963, exploring and satirizing issues of science, technology, the purpose of religion, and the arms race, often through the use of morbid humor. It was released on Feb 9, 1963.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.