MOVIE #1,558 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 04.19.24 宮崎駿監督のフォーカス Continuing my trend of going at these every which way in terms of audio and subs, I ...


Castle in the Sky

MOVIE #1,558 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 04.19.24
宮崎駿監督のフォーカス

Continuing my trend of going at these every which way in terms of audio and subs, I watched Castle in the Sky in what I assume is the first English dub (some of the voices, like the man voicing Potsu*, were hilarious sounding) alongside a different translation via subtitles (that were synched correctly, but vastly different from the dialogue I was hearing). This is an insane way to watch a movie, lemme tell you. But variety is the spice of life, even if some might suggest that this spice is, oh I don't know, arsenic?

I was gonna be a lil bitch and complain about the length of these but I think I've landed on the side of it's fine: this what they call in the biz, world-building and while I can't personally remove the part of my brain that says this is too long for a cartoon, I can also plainly see that it works.

I think this one is slightly better than the last but it’s close and each film is very enjoyable.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,557 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,559 ⫸

Castle in the Sky (Japanese: 天空の城ラピュタ, Hepburn: Tenkū no Shiro Rapyuta), also known as Laputa: Castle in the Sky, is a 1986 Japanese animated fantasy adventure film written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki. It was produced by Isao Takahata, animated by Studio Ghibli, and distributed by the Toei Company. In voice acting roles, the original Japanese version stars Mayumi Tanaka, Keiko Yokozawa, Kotoe Hatsui, and Minori Terada. The film follows orphans Sheeta and Pazu, who are pursued by government agent Muska, the army, and a group of pirates. They seek Sheeta's crystal necklace, the key to accessing Laputa, a legendary flying castle hosting advanced technology. It was released on August 2, 1986.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.