MOVIE #1,572 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 04.26.24 EVERY OTHER FRIDAY I’M REVIEWING THE COMPLETE WORKS OF ALFRED HITCHCOCK IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER. ...


Suspicion

MOVIE #1,572 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 04.26.24

EVERY OTHER FRIDAY I’M REVIEWING THE COMPLETE WORKS OF ALFRED HITCHCOCK IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER. THIS IS TGI-HITCHOCK!

Even in the end the woman has no agency. So what if Cary Grant isn't a murderer, he's an incredibly bad husband and basically your average shit-head who is not fit to shine Joan Fontaine’s shoes. I personally wouldn’t let him call me Monkeyface, but that’s me. The Wiener Blut Waltz goes hard though and I like how it’s incorporated into the score during the more suspenseful moments. This is a very solid movie, much in line with the vibe of Rebecca but on a smaller, more insular level. One thing I regret about this Hitchcock project is that I haven’t been compiling the man himself’s famous cameos. I like how in many of these earlier pictures, they’re completely innocuous, almost impossible to find/notice. I also googled “monkey face suspicion compilation” and there was a monkey face suspicion compilation


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,571 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,573 ⫸

Suspicion is a 1941 romantic psychological thriller film noir directed by Alfred Hitchcock, and starring Cary Grant and Joan Fontaine as a married couple. It also features Sir Cedric Hardwicke, Nigel Bruce, Dame May Whitty, Isabel Jeans, Heather Angel, and Leo G. Carroll. Suspicion is based on Francis Iles's novel Before the Fact (1932). It was released on November 14, 1941.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.