MOVIE #1,603 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 05.03.24 FRITZ LANG: DIRECTOR FOCUS The restoration floating around on YouTube is as good as any easily acce...


Four Around a Woman

MOVIE #1,603 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 05.03.24
FRITZ LANG: DIRECTOR FOCUS

The restoration floating around on YouTube is as good as any easily accessible 20s film I've come across. It almost looks fake, honestly. Like The Wandering Image, this was thought lost for a long time until a print was discovered in Brazil. It's too bad the story is such a nonstarter because it's such a crisp transfer. I fully admit to tuning out in a mix of confusion (boredom) pretty early on. I've said this a million times before on here but I need a better process for getting into the headspace for these films. Sure, the quality varies but I can't help but feel it's ‘on me’ when it comes to my appreciation or lack thereof. Three more of these before Metropolis, including a pair of passive two-parters that are like 4-5 hours long each 😬


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,602 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,604 ⫸

Four Around the Woman (German: Vier um die Frau) is a 1921 German silent drama film directed by Fritz Lang and starring Hermann Böttcher, Carola Toelle and Lilli Lohrer It is also known by the alternative title of Kämpfende Herzen. It was released on February 3, 1921.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.