MOVIE #1,775 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 07.02.24 So I inadvertently watched the “After Hours Cinema presents” version of this on YouTube , which ...


Limbo (Krause)

MOVIE #1,775 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 07.02.24
So I inadvertently watched the “After Hours Cinema presents” version of this on YouTube, which cuts out A LOT of the nudity and gore (after a quick scan of the version on Tubi this was more than apparent). MEA CULPA YET AGAIN. I’ll have to re-do this at some point, but I still enjoyed the experience, thanks in part to the framing of After Hours Cinema (AHC) and all their funky commercials and interludes. It was just a different way to consume a movie than I normally do, although yeah I wish I saw the uncut version bla bla bla. I’ll be returning to the world of Tina Krause at some point so I’ll make up for it. She’s something of a legend in the world of indie horror, with well over 75 credits to her name — both as a filmmaker and performer — to the point where Limbo isn’t even listed in her Wikipedia partial filmography.
The AHC introduction labeled this as “if David Lynch did SOV (shot-on-video) horror” and I naturally scoffed at that, but by the end of it, I actually thought it was a fairly apt description. The difference between genuine craziness and ingenuine craziness is fine and not so easily parsed as far as explanations go. It's kind of a ‘you know it when you see it’ type deal. Did I have the foggiest clue what was going on? No I did not. (I was also watching this late at night in a hotel in Allentown so I was feeling a tad foggy to begin with.) But that didn’t impede my enjoyment. This must have been a bitch to edit. It's probably the most heavily edited SOV film I've ever seen. Also, I don't think this gets labeled as an experimental film but it feels like it totally is, or can at least be seen as such. That's how I'm processing it at least, and I think it helped me get onboard with its vibes.



CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,774 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,776 ⫸

A woman makes a descent into Hell after she kills a man she brought home as a one-night stand. It was released on October 5, 1999.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.