MOVIE #1,926 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 08.23.24 Look, at risk of sounding like some kind of right-wing asshole (I’m not!), let me say that, while ...


Inside Out 2

MOVIE #1,926 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 08.23.24
Look, at risk of sounding like some kind of right-wing asshole (I’m not!), let me say that, while I think Inside Out 2 is a good movie (somebody’s gotta say it), I’m definitely not sure WHO it’s for. Like the (superior) original, its best moments are when it leans into silly fun. Like Turning Red (which I thought I reviewed, but I guess not) its main theme/narrative is PUBERTY! Fun stuff. It doesn’t go whole-hog down that alley like the monster panda flick (a metaphor for menstruation!) but that is at the core of what the movie has to say. Amy Poehler stated, “I just think that they should make these films like Seven Up [a decades-spanning British documentary series checking in with its participants from children into adulthood], every couple of years in Riley’s life,” which would mean that, at this clip, she gets to lose her virginity during Inside Out 3? Most sane people would agree that there’s a line you probably don’t want to cross in PG media aimed at (very) young kids.
So I’m just wondering where that line is, I guess. I don’t think there’s any problem discussing puberty/menstruation with kids but I also don’t think there’s any problem NOT discussing it either. It will come up when the time is right and that time differs for everybody. Disney/Pixar shouldn’t get to decide that time. Again, l just want it to be clear that my issues stem from a place of cynicism with these big corporations and not a reactionary/anti-woke one. I’m woke and proud! Basically the film needed more of this guy and less dialogue about deodorant…



CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,925 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,926 ⫸

Inside Out 2 is a 2024 American animated coming-of-age film produced by Pixar Animation Studios for Walt Disney Pictures. The sequel to Inside Out (2015), it was directed by Kelsey Mann (in his feature directorial debut) and produced by Mark Nielsen, from a screenplay written by Meg LeFauve and Dave Holstein, and a story conceived by Mann and LeFauve. Amy Poehler, Phyllis Smith, Lewis Black, Diane Lane, and Kyle MacLachlan reprise their roles from the first film, with Maya Hawke, Kensington Tallman, Tony Hale, Liza Lapira, Ayo Edebiri, Lilimar, Grace Lu, Sumayyah Nuriddin-Green, Adèle Exarchopoulos, and Paul Walter Hauser joining the cast. The film tells the story of Riley's emotions as they find themselves joined by new emotions that want to take over Riley's head. It was released on June 10, 2024.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.