MOVIE #1,956 • SCORE 5/10 • 09.10.24 SERIES: TWO FOR TUESDAY / MY KAIJU DECADE This Norwegian Netflixcore entry is also a kaiju film (...


Troll (2022)


MOVIE #1,956 • SCORE 5/10 • 09.10.24
SERIES: TWO FOR TUESDAY / MY KAIJU DECADE


This Norwegian Netflixcore entry is also a kaiju film (based on my VERY loose interpretation of that genre). So I’m adding it to the list (out of order). That list is going to be hell to compile, frankly. I’ve reviewed several films that would qualify that I’ve tagged as such. This is just me thinking out loud — it’s not part of the review. Which I’ll get to. Everyone waiting for my take on the 2022 Norwegian Netflixcore movie Troll that I watched solely because it was the first film that popped up on Letterboxd when you search “troll” that wasn’t Troll (1986) for TWO FOR TUESDAY.

It's very funny: all these military and science people considering what these giant, clearly distinguished footprints might be? Could they be… giant footprints? Surely not! Or wait…


This film is really stupid, like they had an idea to make something involving a 150-foot-tall CGI troll and then figured out the plot on the fly. There was also a weird message that was either anti-Christianity or pro-Christianity that I tried to parse until it gave me a headache and realized there’s no way they put that much thought into it. At one point they fly giant church bells dangling from helicopters to try and hurt the beast and then they tie a baby troll skull (still massive) to the back of a pickup truck to lead it away from the King of Norway’s palace in order to stun it with 1,000 tanning bed lights until the sun comes out and it disintegrates. Sorry, spoilers.

Atrocious plot aside, I still had an OK time with this because of how dumb it is and I kinda appreciated the goofy visuals. I enjoy that they're making movies like this in Norway. Go nuts over there, you guys.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,955 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,957 ⫸

Troll is a 2022 Norwegian epic monster film directed by Roar Uthaug. Starring Ine Marie Wilmann, Kim Falck, Mads Sjøgård Pettersen, and Gard B. Eidsvold, it follows a ragtag group of people who must come together to stop an ancient troll that was awakened in a Norwegian mountain and prevent it from wreaking havoc.It was released on December 1, 2022.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.